CORONA VIRUS UPDATES
PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS TO SEE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR TESTING.
OUR TESTING SUPPLIES ARE VERY LIMITED AND WE ARE RUNNING OUT ON A DAILY BASIS.
Call First, we have limited supply!
Suncoast Urgent Care is following the guidelines established by the CDC as well as the Florida Department of Health along with the Pasco County and Hernando County health departments to identify which patients should be tested for coronavirus.
Please note the following are the criteria established by the government agencies which we are following. There are 6 groups of people who qualify for a coronavirus test as of March 16:
- Any person who has had close contact with a laboratory CONFIRMED COVID-19 case within the past 14 days AND has symptoms of lower respiratory tract infection and fever.
- Any person who is a part of a "non-household" outbreak of suspected COVID-19 outbreak. (e.g. the case in New Rochelle, NY that is in the news).
- Any patient who IS HOSPITALIZED with an unexplained respiratory illness.
- Any person who travelled to or from an affected geographical area (e.g. China, Italy, Iran) with widespread community transmission AND has fever and lower respiratory tract symptoms.
- Any person who has had community contact at a gathering where there was a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 case AND has fever or symptoms of a lower respiratory tract infection.
- Patients 65 years of age or older , or with a chronic medical condition which causes immune compromise (e.g. heart disease, diabetes, lung diseases) AND has fever or lower respiratory tract symptoms (e.g. cough, shortness of breath).
Despite some claims that tests are available for anyone this is not the case at present. We are restricted by Health Department protocols to conduct tests only on patients meeting testing criteria.
We expect these criteria will change and expand very soon as the national testing capacity increases and we likely start to identify more cases.
If you have any questions please call our office in either Trinity or Spring Hill.
If you meet the criteria please call our office and we will advise you of our protocol for testing prior to your coming to the office. We will arrange for an expedited visit. Our registration papers are on the website, we ask that you download those and print them out at home, complete them and bring them with you to your appointment. This will allow us to serve you faster and minimize exposure to other people.